Sunday, March 20, 2011

Getting busy for Lent...

Cycling through the village on Saturday I caught sight of some familiar figures hard at work in a front garden in Bentley's Meadow. It was Kevin Bright and his squad of volunteers helping to tidy up the garden of one of the residents . I'm sure it helped that it was a beautiful spring day, but they all looked as if they were enjoying themselves, and I was really pleased to receive an email later that day from the man whose garden they had been working in, wanting me to pass on his thanks. Attached were some photos he'd taken which he said I could share here. "Please would you extend to Kevin and his group my sincerest thanks for all their hard work and let them know how appreciative I am of their efforts. " he added. I am very happy to do so. Thanks for organising this, Kevin - a very worthwhile Lent activity.








No comments:

Post a Comment