Monday, March 11, 2013

Lent Quote 23



23. To dream the impossible dream. To fight  the unbeatable foe.
To bear with unbearable sorrow. To run where the brave dare not go.
To right the unrightable wrong. To love pure and chaste from afar.
To try when your arms are too weary to reach the unreachable star.

This is my quest, to follow that star
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
To fight for the right, without question or pause
To be willing to march into Hell, for a Heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true, to this glorious quest,
That my heart will lie will lie peaceful and calm,
when I'm laid to my rest
And the world will be better for this:
That one man, scorned and covered with scars,
Still strove, with his last ounce of courage,
To reach the unreachable star

From the Man from La Mancha   (lyrics by Joe Darion)

No comments:

Post a Comment